Mobile Phone Emergency: #3333
Non-Emergency: (301) 405-3555
Address: Pocomoke Building (007), 7569 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20742
Welcome to the University of Maryland Department of Public Safety Website. On behalf of the men and women of our internationally accredited agency, thank you for visiting our web site and we hope that you take a few minutes to explore the information that is provided.
The mission of the University of Maryland Police is to serve the university community, protect life and property, and to enforce the law. The University of Maryland offers many resources and programs to complement the law enforcement initiatives of the department. I encourage you to explore this information located in other parts of our web site.
We are committed to the concept of community policing and work diligently to develop and maintain partnerships for improving the quality of life for our campus community.
We take the issue of campus safety seriously and we will continue to work in developing new programs to make our campus as safe as possible. I ask for the assistance and cooperation of every member of our community and invite you to join us by doing your part to protect yourself and your property. Together, we can make the flagship campus of the University of Maryland a wonderful place to attend classes, work, or visit.
Thanks again for stopping at our web site. For more information, please see my video message here.
David B. Mitchell
Director / Chief of Police
University of Maryland Police Department
- UMD Safety Notice 02/13/19
- 02/13/19 Press Release: UMPD Arrest Male in Connection with Hagerstown Hall Burglaries
- 02/06/18 Press Release: UMPD Obtains Arrest Warrant in University Book Center Burglaries
- UMD Safety Notice 02/01/19
- UMD Advisory: UMD Delayed Opening 01/30/19
- 01/29/19 UMD Alert: UPDATE – Intermittent Emergency and Non-Emergency Phone Call Quality Issues
- Update in Elkton Hall Incident